Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Recognition Transfer
- Recognition of Prior Learning is that credit granted following an assessment in respect of prior learning based on life experience, work experience, competency, informal education/training and/or formal education/training. A challenge test may be offered to applicants.
- Credit Recognition Transfer refers to situations where there is equivalent learning from similar colleges or situations where the learning is identical, as would be the case for any students who have taken our Personal Interest courses and then been accepted into the Bachelor of Natural Medicine.
The RPL/CRT Application Process
It is the sole responsibility of the student applying for RPL or CRT to provide all evidence to demonstrate that the Learning Outcomes for the course have been met. Evidence for assessment can come from previous course completion, job experience, formal tests and tasks, and previous proven achievements outside formal learning. Other courses should be of a similar length and NZQA level and cover similar content.
Students may be assessed by a combination of:
- evidence the student provides;
- further assessment tasks, to assess all the skills and knowledge required.
Starting the process
- A new applicant or current student indicates that they may be interested in applying for RPL or CRT during the pre-application process for the Bachelor of Natural Medicine or the annual course enrolment process.
- An enquiry form is completed by the applicant and the College generates an invoice.
- The RPL process begins once the fee of $115 per course has been paid
- The Learning Outcomes for the course/s, full instructions and an application form are supplied to the applicant.
- A completed RPL and CRT Application Form and evidence are submitted to the Student Enrolment & Progression,
- The Academic Director reviews the applications and decides whether the criteria is met for
- Recognition of Prior Learning or
- Credit Recognition Transfer
- The application will be assessed against the Learning Outcomes by
- Should the Academic Director decide that more information is required in order to make a recommendation, the applicant will be contacted to produce further evidence.
- The applicant will be informed of the decision when complete.