The College believes that attendance, or access to courses on our learning management system (Moodle), for on-line students, has an impact on a student’s progress and success in a programme. As a result, the following statements set out the expectations for on-campus attendance and on-line student access.
- Attendance at every class is expected of on-campus students.
- On-line students are expected to access and study all the compulsory weekly course material in a timely manner.
- All students are expected to be actively involved in discussion, either in class or on Moodle, and in practical work. They will also be expected to prepare for classes by doing some prior reading or activities.
- If for any reason a student is unable to attend classes or access courses at the recommended rate (given the number of courses that the student is enrolled in), the College must be notified prior to the scheduled classes or the upcoming on-line topic.
- It is the individual student’s responsibility to follow up on any learning they have missed in their absence.
- It is expected that students will attend 100% of all scheduled classes for the courses in which they are enrolled at the College.
- If an on-campus student is absent from three successive classes, without providing a valid absence notification, the College will contact the student and, if required, provide academic and pastoral care support to assist student progress for the course/s in which they are enrolled.
- It is expected that students will demonstrate active engagement (completion of 100% of compulsory activities per week for an enrolled course of study) when accessing learning material and participating in activities on Moodle, for all scheduled classes, in the course/s in which they are enrolled at the College.
- If an on-line student fails to access their Moodle courses weekly, without providing a valid absence notification, the College will contact the student and, if required, provide academic and pastoral care support to assist student progress for the course/s in which they are enrolled.
- Where student attendance or access falls below 85% the Academic Administrator will inform the Academic Director. Studylink will be notified if a student is absent or has not accessed Moodle for 10 working days without providing a valid absence notification.