Fees Information for Domestic Students
Course fees are paid annually. Three weeks prior to the beginning of the academic year, students must pay course fees in full, or provide:
- proof of a Student Loan application in progress or
- evidence of Fees-free eligibility
Course fees do not include textbooks and course related materials or equipment. Full-time students should allow approximately $1200 per year for books and other course related expenses.
Government Support for Students
Fee Protection and Refunds
Fees Protection Procedures
- Student fees will be deposited into a Static Trust Account administered by an approved professional as per the NZQA Fee Protection Policy 2004. The amount held in the Static Trust Account will be at least equal to the sum of all the fees paid by each individual student should a refund be required and will be held for a minimum of 10 days after students are required to be in attendance on the course.
- If the College voluntarily withdraws, or ceases to offer its programmes, all efforts would be made to protect student interests. Students will be given a choice of receiving a pro-rata refund or assistance to enrol in a similar programme with a transfer of fees.
- All students will sign the Student Acknowledgement form – Student Fee Protection Static Trust Form. These will be lodged in the student’s file.
Refund Regulations: All students, including International Students
- A refund of all payments made less costs, which will not exceed 10% of the total fees paid or $500 whichever is the lesser, will be made to any student who withdraws and applies in writing to the Academic Director within two weeks (14 calendar days) of the commencement of a semester.
- No refunds will be made if more than two weeks (14 calendar days) from the commencement of the semester have been completed.
- If a student withdraws before the academic programme commences then they will receive a refund of all tuition fees paid. The administration fee is not refundable.
- If a student decides to withdraw after the semester has commenced, they must complete a Withdrawal Form and provide any supporting documentation to the Student Administration Manager.
- If a student is excluded, then no refund of tuition fees will be given.