Deputy Director: Clinical & Research
MHSc, BHSc(CompMed), BEd, Dip Tchg, AdvDipNat, AdvDipHerbMed
Robyn has a long and varied background in teaching. Following a lifelong dream, she qualified as a naturopath and herbalist in the late 1990s. She ran a naturopathic clinic for a number of years, while teaching part-time at the College before moving overseas. She has enthusiasm for excellence in natural health education and is a firm believer in living a full, yet balanced, life. She is passionate about giving final year students an authentic clinic experience, and enjoys witnessing them blossom into practitioners. She lives in the Waitakere Ranges amongst the bush and the birds and loves being outdoors.
Research (published and ongoing)
- Master’s thesis: Being holistic in practice: A hermeneutic phenomenolgocial study
- Curriculum review at a New Zealand private college: dissecting the knowledge typology, curriculum logic and cognitive complexity (co-authored with Dr. P. Paxton)
- Ongoing research with Middlemore hospital’s Gastro-enterology Dept into Hepatitis C – survey of patients use of Complementary medicine Ongoing case studies
- Moodle experiences (co-authored with A. Johnson and H. Matthews)
- Practitioner surveys: Data gathered from practitioners with SPCNM qualification (co-authored with W. Hill).
Phone +64 9 526 9276